Monday, May 10, 2010

Flagstaff, AZ to Sedona, AZ May 9

Rest Day!
We drove down to Sedona from Flagstaff. When we werte in Sedona and we bought some American Indian drums and shakers. We also got some ice cream. We then drove to through some very windy roads to Rock Slide State Park. We put on our bathing suits and jumped into the ice cold water. The currents were going down this algie covers slides. It did not hurt at all except the numbness from the ice cold water. Eventually, it started to get a little boring so I went down a littl farther so I climbed out and went to the shallow area where the other kids were. We swam there for a while and then walked back to the car. We headed back to the hotel in Flagstaff. When we arrived at the hotel, we went to the indoor pool right away

1 comment:

  1. Trevor,

    I enjoy reading your blogs. I wish I could be on the bike ride with your dad and uncle jeff. I love the desert and remember driving much of the route 66 with my family when I was a kid. Does the car get smelly? I remember driving long distances with lots of people in the car and it got smelly. I loved to make the stops and see all of the things for sale at the gas stations and restaurants.

    Back then CocaCola was sold in small glass bottles from a red cooler that looked like a large ice chest. Do they still have this kind of cooler at any of the places you have stopped at?

    Take care and keep blogging!

    Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete